Most of us shy away from working on our weaknesses. One of the things I've most appreciated about CrossFit is how it has truly humbled me, physically (I was already the world's most humble person in other ways). There are endless options for me in terms of weaknesses to work on, sort of difficult to know where to start.
How about a 100 Day Burpee Challenge, hosted by 300 Pounds and Running? Takes away the decision from me, gives me a goal, and heaven knows I can stand to work on burpees! How does it work, you ask? One Burpee will be performed on the first day and one burpee will be added every day for 100 days. On the 100th day (I started today, February 1st, so it will be May 11th) I will be doing 100 burpees. Starting late? No problem.
100 Day Burpee Challenge Rules:
- If you already can do 100 burpees…. consider 200 burpees for the challenge.
- You may complete the day’s burpees all at once or broken up throughout the day as time allows.
- The challenge is about discipline… if you miss a day, you must start over.
- If you don’t start the challenge on day one, you may “buy in” by doing all the missed day’s burpees on your starting day.
- Any burpees performed during a CrossFit workout may count toward your day’s total.
- Have fun doing burpees.
Why burpees? Burpees are a full body exercise. They are performed in four steps: Begin standing upright, then drop into a squat position, hands on the ground, then extend feet backwards into a plank position (CrossFitters drop to the chest). Jump back into squat position, then return to standing position (CrossFitters jump and raise hands above head or clap). It ends up working both strength and cardio. Not easy.
Want to join us? Start today!
(Please use the handy social media buttons to share this post.)