- Cycling: 123.64 miles left.
- Running: 251.79 miles left.
- Another ride attempting to stay off main streets, saw some great sights, love seeing the variety of houses! Cold, windy, and hilly, but a good ride anyway.
- Woke up with more lower back pain, midway between a twinge and an ache, decided to take off to see how it feels, maybe tomorrow.
- Back felt better today, so ventured out for a run. 40 degrees but not cold, very strange -- totally overdressed and was sweating by mile 2, almost turned around, but finished my planned run. Lately Google Maps have been really far off on the distances, at least compared to my Garmin - my run today was a half mile short and a ride recently was over a mile and half shy of what the maps showed. Hmmmm....
- TM run, watching a blast from my past, "Repo Man," not sure what I ever saw in this movie. We were excited because it was about punk rock, but once again, Hollywood got it so wrong. Punk rock and surfing, two things it's hard to make good movies about. :)
- Beautiful day for a ride, sunny, slight breeze, just starting to warm up slightly. Totally ruined by an aggressive jerk motorist who felt the need to pull up too close to me at a stop sign, veer into me during my turn, honk, and then roar off -- pitiful excuse for a human being. Kept riding for a bit, but was unnerved enough that I just headed home.
- In the afternoon I visited CrossFit Amplify for some info - will try to head back a week from Saturday for an intro workout, to see how I like it. Excited!
- Watched "Speed" on the TM - decent movie, but already very dated looking. Good start to the weekend.
- My almost 2 hour run seems to have severely wounded the TM. With the fan on I didn't notice during the run, but afterwards the burning smell was very strong and there was quite a bit of smoke in the basement - yuck! Not sure when we'll have extra cash to have someone come out and look at it. Outdoor running for the foreseeable future.
- Beautiful morning for it, mid-50s, but VERY windy - sidewind, tailwind, headwind, you name it, I got it. Tried some new insoles in my PureFlows, feel a lot better, nice to have them back. :)
- Cycling: 17.25 miles planned, 19.14 miles accomplished, 104.5 miles left.
- Running: 32.5 miles planned, 32.89 miles accomplished, 218.9 miles left.
Tough week to get the miles in -- everyone, including me, is under the weather to varying degrees, so sleep has been sporadic and interrupted, not ideal. With the TM, slightly more time and effort are needed to get ready and get outside, but no complaints, the weather was decent this week. Thunderstorms and warm yesterday, 60 degrees today, maybe snow tomorrow, our crazy fall weather continues.
(Please use the handy social media buttons to share this post.)
Like Midwest Multisport Life on Facebook