- Cycling: 104.5 miles left.
- Running: 218.9 miles left.
- Woke up feeling terrible, sore throat, still coughing, achy all over. Thought about maybe cycling today, but this morning was also really cold after a storm blew through in the the night, so that made it less appealing. A rest day made more sense, so taking it easy was the way to go. Off from work for Veterans Day (thanks to all who serve to make our lives safe!), so minimal mental exertion as well. :)
- More feeling terrible, more no training. So tiresome being sick. Thankfully I can telework, so I don't have to drag myself into work.
- Third day the charm? Unfortunately not.
- Felt better, but still not quite there yet. Took a sick day from work and really took it easy.
- After 4 days of no exercise, I had to do something. Decided to perform open-heart surgery on the treadmill. REALLY dusty around the motor -- vacuumed, wiped everything down, today tried an easy 30 minute run. Some slight smell, no smoke, and felt okay, hoping this illness is behind me for good.
- Thought about running or cycling this morning, but decided to see how I felt after my Intro Class of CrossFit. Wow, that class really kicked my butt and it wasn't anything technical or anything. I thought I was relatively fit cardiowise, but that simply isn't true. Sore as hell later in the day. Full write up Tuesday.
- Wasn't sure what to expect today, really sore after CrossFit, but overall a pretty good run. 32 degrees but no wind, sunny and a great way to start the morning. Still feeling the illness, can't wait for this to be over.
- Cycling: 17.25 miles planned, 0 miles accomplished, 104.5 miles left.
- Running: 32.5 miles planned, 6.22 miles accomplished, 212.68 miles left.
Definitely not the week I'd hoped for, but not an entire wash. Fell behind some miles, but will pick up the slack over the next 6 weeks and finish strong! Definitely going back to CrossFit, almost done with cycling, running goal still within reach.
(Please use the handy social media buttons to share this post.)
Like Midwest Multisport Life on Facebook