- Felt like cycling today, so I put aside my anxiety about riding in the dark and off I went. Nice morning for it, cool but humid, so odd sensation of sweating hard and feeling cold at the same time. Good way to start the week.
- Tazer's injury (See Training Injury and Training Wheels) made this a less than happy day, but ultimately he seems fine, which is all that matters.
Tuesday: 15 Mile Ride
- Rode yesterday and no run on the schedule today, but felt like getting out for a short run, trying out some new apparel from Race Ready and new Brooks PureConnect shoes. Planned on an easy 3-4 mile run, but ended up running through the neighborhood and down through Maple Woods, ending up just over 5. Maybe the shoes or pre-race nervousness, but ran too fast most of the time.
- In great news, Laima and I were able to find an RV to rent for the Endurance Challenge. I had put off getting it done, and then it turns out that NASCAR was holding the GEICO 400 at the Chicagoland Speedway on September 16th, so RVs were few and far between AND the ones that were available were priced through the roof. We would have tent-camped if needed, but I'm glad we don't have to. Our first RV camp outing!
- Enjoyed a stroll around downtown during my lunch break, city feels so different with summertime visitors absent, not quiet, but less crowded and easier to get around.
- Knew I probably wouldn't get this run in today, but no worries, a had Friday and Saturday if needed.
- Daily Double Run 1: 5 miles on the treadmill, started watching "French Kiss," pretty funny and a good soundtrack as well.
- Never got the second of the daily double in, too much going on--this is a crazy busy weekend, with soccer games, neighborhood block party, work today, etc.
- Put this off until Sunday, hoping to get the remaining 5 mile run in. Another busy day derailed those plans, but no worries, running fitness will not be improved markedly so close to the event anyway.
- Serious rainy storm passed through the night, leaving everything wet and slick, so no road riding for me and no trail riding as not to tear up the track.
- I probably would not have ridden this morning anyway, as I had a serious toothache, painful enough that I literally could not lie down to sleep, but instead napped sitting upright in a chair. Resulting lack of sleep made for grumpiness and lethargy. The worst of it is that the toothache is in a tooth where a crown was put in a year ago (A YEAR AGO!)--seriously considering having the tooth pulled; would love to change dentists, but she's the only game in town for our insurance.
(Training Plan adapted from Jeff Horowitz’ Smart Marathon Training)
Total Training:Next week is taper week, looking forward to it. All that remains is a 15 mile ride and a 6 mile run, though I'll try to remain active as much as feels comfortable.