- Cool (55 degrees) and dark this morning, started riding and realized that I just wasn't in the mood to ride in the dark, so cut planned ride in half, planning to ride second half at lunch or after work.
- Lunchtime ride--beautiful sunny skies, warm, and, I kid you not, before I got 2 miles, the wind had picked up and the clouds rolled in. And then...thunder, rain, and hail (in August!). All very brief, no problems, but really ironic. Definitely still more pleasant than riding in the dark.
- Last day with the ElliptiGo, took Tazer over to Whalon Lake to ride one more time before taking it back to Fitness Experts. Shame to see it go, a weekend really wasn't enough playtime!
Tuesday: 8 Mile Run
- A bluebird day for it, warm and humid, with a slight breeze keeping it relatively comfortable. Ran through Belmont Prairie and Maple Woods, always nice to visit those two preserves. Dropped my keys at some point, just noticed upon returning home. Happily, only rode my bike about a 1/2 mile back before finding them, so did not have to retrace entire route!
- Into work at the office today, cool morning but temps back in the 90s are promised. Summer is not done with us quite yet.
- Developing a phobia now about riding in the dark, not feeling confident about safety with the not-particularly-good drivers we have around here. Nothing specific, just a bad feeling. Planned on making it up Friday, when Laima and the kids went to Michigan for the day.
- No riding again today, as Tazer stayed home for some bonding time. Nice to have him around during the workday, went over to the library on my lunch, watched a movie together with dinner, a good, relaxing day together.
- Tempo 8 it was - ran without looking at my watch, set a slightly uncomfortable pace and just ran. Felt really great to let it go after so much slower paced training!
- A planned family outing to the track never materialized, instead, errands were run and soccer tournaments played. Bad weather kept us indoors for the afternoon (except those who went to the soccer tournament), but I somehow didn't even think about the treadmill for speedwork.
Total Training: 36.89 mi, 3:49:00. A good week running wise, felt good on every outing. Too much life intruding to make any week a perfect training week, but that's just how it is. Hard to believe that the 50K is in 3 weeks, really excited for a fun weekend camping and running with the whole family!
Like Midwest Multisport Life on Facebook