- Rain in the morning meant no ride; for some reason not ready to get on rollers in the basement, maybe need snow and cold weather. That will happen soon enough...
- Beautiful morning for a run along Lake Michigan. No lights meant some very dark sections, a bit worrisome after yesterday's storm and possible branches down. No problems in the end. Really worked on staying relaxed, not pushing the pace, ended up being a really good outing.
- Truly a nice day off. Started lakeside with the family, water pretty cold, but Tazer, Gaigai and I swam a bit to help them prepare for their triathlon Sunday. The actual swim will be in a pool, but OWS practice never hurts. Lunch was at the Greenbush Brewing Taproom in Sawyer, a place I've wanted to try for some time now--great beer and yummy sandwiches! Over to Gravity Winery, a new place on the Lake Michigan Shore Wine Trail--unique in that they serve their wines in flights of 4, whites with cheeses and reds with chocolates. Beautiful location and a friendly vineyard dog made it a good family outing.
- Beautiful morning for it, felt a bit creaky at first, but after warming up, it was a nice run. Decided to do a double today, 5 this morning, 5 later today. Chose a hillier route, out and back through a neighborhood with curving streets and minimal traffic.
- A pool day at the in-laws, cooler than expected, but spent some time with the 2 year olds (Little Worker and Cousin), diving for toypedoes and dive sticks, over and over and over. :) Incredibly relaxing day!
- Sent Laima off for a Zooma training run at Busse Woods; she came back aglow, feeling good with a successful 10 miler done. Could have ridden before she left, but woke up with a muscle strain in lower back, used that as an excuse, but mostly lazy. Played with the ElliptiGo today, forgot my Garmin, so not sure how far in total, interesting machine!
- Hills today - ran to the end of my neighborhood, then down to the tracks and back up again, alternating streets. 337 feet of elevation difference, not much, but a nice run on a fall-feeling morning.
Weekly Totals: 22.13 miles, all run; 3:36:34. Felt like I did a lot more than that, but with no cycling, both time and mileage very low, considering. Add in some swimming, Elliptigo, and running around with the kids, and overall a good week. Really feeling comfortable with the running now, forcing myself to relax and slow down has made it more pleasant again, not an all-out race effort every time I lace up the shoes.
Like Midwest Multisport Life on Facebook