- Pushed a big gear today, made it to 15 miles before legs started to complain; second wind almost immediately and a nice ride home. Another cool morning meant it was a pleasure to ride.
- Putting off core this week, due to daily training at the office, so minimal time to get regular training in let alone core, so this week I'm giving myself a pass.
- Not sure why it took so long to figure out, but I realized this morning that I am trying just way too hard, not enjoying my training, focusing on the end pint rather than the path. Once I realized that, several miles into this mornings run, I relaxed and really eased up, and the mojo felt like it was coming back. A very cool morning also meant I could test out a new Brooks Running long sleeve top I had been recently sent--nice to have on a cool morning and still felt decent even after soaked through with sweat. No chafing issues a definite bonus!
- With training in the city all week, it was nice to have a morning when I could just relax, drink my coffee, and not try to fit in training before hopping on the train.
- Knew this wasn't going to happen today, with an early train to make, but knew I could make it up on Friday or Saturday, depending on how I felt.
- Bike ride planned, but Little Worker opted not to sleep several times during the night. After walking the dog, fell asleep on the couch and missed my window in the morning. One of these days I'll get back into afternoon workouts, maybe.
|Waterfall Glen pond showing drought conditions|
Saturday: 20 Mile Ride
- Ran down to Waterfall Glen, some trail time, then home. 1st 10 miles were really nice, felt comfortable. Last 10 on and off okay and a struggle, but no problem finishing. This run makes me realize I could finish the 50K, just not sure if I am going to enjoy it.
- No way, just too sore and beat up after the 20 yesterday.
Turned out to be a decent week, though eating-wise I am far away from where I need to be. Hopefully core will make a reappearance at some point--even though it was hard work, I was enjoying the JCORE Body System, so will try to make that happen again.
Like Midwest Multisport Life on Facebook