Not the first week I had in mind, though nothing was overtly wrong. The major snag was that I had to go into work Monday, Tuesday, AND Wednesday, which was totally different than just the Wednesday I had envisioned. But, adapt and move on.
Monday: Core/10 Mile Ride
- Wet, cold, and windy, definitely not my cup of tea for cycling, so I stayed inside and rode on the rollers. It's been a while and I definitely felt unsteady, so I took it easy and opted not to click into my pedals. Hopefully we'll have some improved weather so I can get outside again - hard to believe that March was warmer than April this year!
- I had planned on doing some core work when I got home from work, but with one family thing after another, totally spaced it. Kind of bummed as it might be the most important thing for me to work on.
- Decent run, better than expected actually. Short sleeves and shorts - maybe the cold weather runs are finally finished here in the Midwest? This was a straight loop run along some bigger roads in our suburb.
- With the family showing signs of illness this week, this was a welcome morning off. Still had the normal guilt over not doing some kind of exercise. :)
- Sore throat and stuffy head did not bode well, hoping that I stayed healthy enough to stay the course.
Thursday: 8 Mile Run
- Sore throat, stuffy head, but nothing enough to stop me from getting out. Not too many cars at 4:30, but plenty at 6 o'clock, when I was cooling down. Took off to too fast as usual, struggled during mile 3 and absolutely suffered during miles 7 and 8.
- Just never got to it today - between work and getting ready to head over to Michigan for some family R and R, didn't carve out the time.
Saturday: 15 Mile Ride
- So nice to get up early and ride through SW Michigan farm country. Apart from riding over the Interstate, I saw the same amount of moving cars as I did moving animals - nine. Beautiful morning for it. After a morning exploring the local area, Little Worker and I lay down to rest while the rest of the family headed for the lake. Laima and the kids had some fun down on the beach -- water was WAY too cold for swimming (NOAA says surface temps were in upper 30's), but plenty of sand for the kids to move around while Laima ran stairs for a hill workout.
- One of my favorite hill workouts, running up and down the sand dunes - today was a combination of half dune, half stairs, which gave me good variety to keep the workout fun.
(Training Plan adapted from Jeff Horowitz’ Smart Marathon Training)
Monday Weigh-In -- Original Weight (Day 1): 209.6, today 207.8 - this early weight loss could be blind luck or water loss, so I'm not overly excited, but at least it's headed in the right direction! Apart from a pizza dinner when we got to Michigan, a week of full-on vegan eating, which becomes easier and easier every day.
Like Midwest Multisport Life on Facebook