|2nd winter beard started!|
“Wastin’ away again in Margaritaville
Searching for my lost shaker of salt
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame
But I know it's my own damn fault.”
-- Jimmy Buffett, 1977
If you’re of a certain age, and I certainly am, Margaritaville conjures up images of sandy beaches, salt water, swaying palm trees and good rum. As an endurance enthusiast, maybe not what you think of when sunglasses come to mind, but it might be something you should check out.
Margaritaville Eyewear Traveler ($179.95)
I chose the Traveler, because I was hoping to find a pair of glasses that I could use for running and cycling, yet wouldn’t be too “sporty” for casual wear. They certainly didn’t disappoint – incredibly light and comfortable, didn’t fog or slip when running, and look very cool, if I do say so myself. I have a wide face, so sometimes glasses are tight at the temples, but the flexible metal frames make them adjustable and comfy. The polarized lenses are a great bonus.
I'm not a big fan of sunglass leashes,
but this is a very elegant solution.
- State of the art MPT (Margaritaville® Polarized Technology) nylon lenses
- 100% UV A/B Protection
- Proprietary lens finish which repels both oil and water and provides scratch resistance
- Corrosion resistant forged alloy frame with heat sculpted polymer temple tips
- SunGrip silicon nose pads and temple tip inserts
- Integrated Margaritaville® Leash System
- Ships with custom Margaritaville® Case and microfiber cleaning bag
Love that microfiber cleaning bag!
Margaritaville Forged Alloy is an engineered alloy of nickel silver and copper that creates a lightweight, yet extremely durable frame. It’s a malleable, corrosion resistant frame that is hypoallergenic, and provides a well fitting and easy to wear frame. Sungrip rubberized temple tips increase their grip when introduced to moisture, so when you're active your eyewear stays put! A Margaritaville® exclusive, this integrated loop and low profile leash protects your investment from a tragic sunglass loss.
- Nautical detailing includes elements such as custom starboard (red) and port (green) screws on all styles
- Watching the Sun Bake” Temple Printing
- Margaritaville® palm tree logo etching on all lenses
- Margaritaville® palm tree details on the nose pads
Their warranty covers against manufacturing defects for 12 months from date of purchase. Scratched lenses and accidental damage or loss is not covered.
High quality sunglasses are rarely inexpensive, yet sometimes can be worth it, as the Travelers certainly are. Now’s a great time to get a pair for yourself, as they are having a 50% Off Sale! Head over to their website or Facebook for more info!
(Disclaimer: I was sent this product for free to review on my blog - courtesy of Margaritaville Eyewear, via Bubble Up. I did not pay for the item, receive payment for this review, or agree to give a positive review. Aside from information gleaned from the company website, the opinions are my own.)
Have a product you'd like reviewed?
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.