- Picked up my race packet for this weekend's ChiMonsterHalf, had a cool winter hat and hooded half-zip tech pullover. In the photo above I'm trying to look gangsta like Patrick (The Road [A Multi-Sport Blog]) or Q (Q on the Move), but I actually appear like a pensive homeless person. Oh well. The folks putting on this race had a line out the door, had been there 3+ hours already, and were non-stop cheerful, makes me feel confident the race will be enjoyable on Sunday. Lululemon, where the packet pickup was held, has some outstanding yet expensive clothing, thinking I should become an ambassador to get some free stuff. Write-up and photos of the baby buckle next week.
- Running most consecutive marathons - Mike Buss sets world record by running 51 marathons in 51 days, and he's shooting for 100 in a 100 - of course, since he did it on treadmills, only EMZ actually cares.
- I recently won a 3-pack of Asics Men Sorbtex Performance Low Cut Sock from irunfar.com, they are really outstanding socks, comparative to the Powersox I reviewed recently. If you don't read I Run Far, they have a really outstanding group of writers who review gear, training destinations, and races. Plus you can get a free bumpersticker! In my dreams I would set up a similar site and retire to a life of leisure. Patrick has tried to dissuade me as it being impractical, but...
- My post yesterday ruffled some feathers, with people upset that I was defending thw World Triathlon Corporation's way of doing business. BDD and I had a spirited email debate and we've agreed (I hope) amicably to disagree. In a bizarre move, apparently WTC cancelled the VIP program, even though it had sold out (so some people won't get to participate in something they believed in). While I stand by my assertion that WTC should be able to conduct business as they see fit, it is not my intention to upset anyone, unless I want to, and then it will be quite clear. Along those lines, Rene Descartes famously almost said, "I disagree with the way you do business, but I will fight to the death for you to run your business as you see fit." (Or something like that.)
- Upcoming reviews will include the Camelbak Delaney Race Pack, Brooks Nightlife Jacket and Cascadia 5 trail shoes, Treksta Evolution trail shoes, Thermajock, Shutterfly xamas cards, Nuun, Clif Bloks, and a couple of John L. Parker books. Is there something you'd like reviewed? Let me know! (If you have a product, send it to me!)
Have a great weekend!